Hungarian Peacekeepers' Association
The Association was established on 12 March 2007 by professional and retired personals who have served or are serving in the peacekeeping missions of the Hungarian Republic and by the professional and retired members of the law enforcement agencies who have contributed to enhancing the reputation of the Hungarian Republic and have acquired appreciation and acknowledgement for the notion of peacekeeping.
The objectives of the association
- To search for various methods of peacekeeping and its role in today's crisis management, and to draft recommendations.
- To popularize the fundamental principles of peacekeeping, to organize presentations and shows in various educational institutions, and to prepare professional materials.
- To promote traditions and comradeship:
- to commemorate national holidays and military celebrations in an appropriate manner;
- to commemorate the most important peace keeping events and UN anniversaries;
- to maintain and strengthen the spirit of comradeship among the members of the Association in connection with the joint tasks performed in the different workgroups, as well as the commemorations and anniversaries.
- Social activities:
- to support retired people who have participated in peace keeping activities and who now live under worse conditions.
- To keep the memory alive of those comrades who have lost their lives during the performance of their missionary duties.
- To provide information, give advice and prepare professional materials.
In addition, we would like to establish contacts with similar international organizations as well
Postal addresse: 1087 Budapest, Kerepesi ut 29/b. (headquarters), or send E-mail please.